- Missouri City was recognized as the 16th best place to live in the United States by 24/7 Wall Street, an online news agency, and as the sixth safest City by Movoto, a respected real-estate website.
- Missouri City earned awards for fiscal management, financial transparency and full disclosure from the Government Finance Officers Association (27 years consecutively) and the State of Texas Comptroller’s Office.
- July – Missouri City’s Communications Department earned a Bronze Telly Award in the Best Use of Humor category for its “Mayor O Knows” video, a promotional campaign for the It’s Time Texas Community Challenge – presented by H-E-B.
- September – Missouri City's Surface Water Treatment Plant received the award for "Best Small Membrane Treatment Plant" from South Central Membrane Association.
- December – Missouri City Director of Communications Stacie Walker was recognized by the Creekmont Home Owners Association Board of Directors with their Creekmont 2014 Meritorious Award.
- December – Missouri City’s Police Department was awarded a $3,500 UP Cares Safety Grant from the Union Pacific Railroad. The grant program is part of the UP CARES public safety initiative that promotes pedestrian and driver safety through a variety of outreach channels.
- December – City Secretary Maria Jackson was named Secretary of the Year for the Texas Municipal Clerks Association Salt Grass Chapter. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>