- February – Missouri City won two Houston-Galveston Area Council Parks and Natural Area Awards in the Policy Tools and Planning Process Categories for the City’s “Go Native” Policy and “Every Day is Earth Day” Program.
- March – The Missouri City Communications Department receives four Communicator Awards for the following: Silver Award of Distinction for the City of Missouri City (Best Government Website); Silver Award of Distinction for Missouri City Facebook (Best Social Media Page); Silver Award of Distinction for Missouri City In the News (Best Film/Video); and, a Silver Award of Distinction for Missouri City YouTube page (Best Online Video Variety).
- May – Missouri City receives the 2015 Governor’s Community Achievement Award for receiving 2nd place for communities with a population of 65,000 - 90,000 in the State of Texas.
- June – The Missouri City Financial Services Department receives the Government Finance Officers Association’s Budget award for Fiscal Year (FY) 15 and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) award for FY14.
- July – Missouri City was named one of 20 Texas Municipalities to be awarded a 2015 Platinum Level Scenic City by the Scenic City Certification Program of Scenic Texas. This prestigious award was earned for the City’s high infrastructure models and roadmaps for future development. Missouri City was awarded a “Platinum Level” status, the highest ranking a City can earn. Only nine Texas cities have been awarded a Platinum-level status, and Missouri City is the only municipality in the Greater-Houston area to hold this.
- July – Missouri City wins the First Place Award for the City of Stafford’s 4th of July parade contest.
- September – Missouri City was named as one of five cities in Texas to receive the COPS grant for $500,000 to allow the City to hire four police officers over the next four years.
- November – Missouri City received a Texas Municipal League Award of Excellence in the Public Safety Category for City’s with population more than 25,000 for the Fire and Rescue Service’s innovative squad program.
- December – The Missouri City Communications Department received a TAMIO Award of Excellence for brand marketing of the City’s Small Business Policy. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>